This is the Linux app named VirtualCelestialGlobe whose latest release can be downloaded as VirtualCelestialGlobe.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VirtualCelestialGlobe with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
World Globe 0.0.7
A simple java 3d virtual celestial and world globe.
Rotate the globe, magnify it, select the level of detail to show stars and constellations, and the ecliptic.
Source code available to everyone to modify it.
Star catalogue from Wikipedia.
Available plain text star catalogue.
Total stars number now reaches 1038.
Using Phong shading.
No Open GL.
Package contains also Astronomical tools:
Day Light Length
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Java Swing, Java AWT
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualcelestialglobe/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.