This is the Linux app named VStar to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as vstar-2.21.1-bash.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VStar to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VStar to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONVStar is a multi-platform, easy-to-use variable star observation visualisation and analysis tool. Data can be read from a file or the AAVSO database, light curves and phase plots created, period analysis performed, and filters applied. Plugins can be developed, e.g. to make additional observation sources available.
- Loads data from the AAVSO database, CSV, and TSV files.
- Displays light curves and phase plots, along with a mean curve.
- Data can also be viewed in tabular format.
- Views can be printed and saved.
- Period analysis (Date Compensated Discrete Fourier Transform).
- Polynomial fitting.
- Filtering function.
- Plug-in architecture (observation sources, period analysis, filtering, other tools).
- Weighted Wavelet Z-Transform for time-frequency analysis.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vstar/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.