This is the Linux app named Wipe Free Space whose latest release can be downloaded as wipefreespace-2.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Wipe Free Space with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Wipe Free Space
Wipe Free Space securely erases the free space on file systems to prevent recovery of deleted sensitive data. Supports Ext2/3/4, NTFS, XFS, ReiserFSv3/4, FAT12/16/32, MinixFS1/2, JFS, HFS/HFS+, OCFS. See https://wipefreespace.sourceforge.io.
- Supports many filesystem types.
- Doesn't reduce the free space when working.
- Wipes data like the shred program, but supports other algorithms, too.
- Has a verbose mode with progress bars and a quiet mode with no output.
- Customisable as to the algorithm and the number of wiping passes.
- Portable, should compile on many Un*x systems.
- Has a GUI written in Java (should run on most systems).
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Security Professionals, Security
Java Swing, Console/Terminal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wipefreespace/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.