This is the Linux app named Xidel whose latest release can be downloaded as xidel-0.9.8-openssl.win32.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Xidel with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Xidel is a command line tool to download and extract data from HTML/XML pages as well as JSON APIs.
- CSS 3 Selectors: to extract elements unchanged
- XPath 3.0: to extract values and calculate things with them
- XQuery 3.0: to create new documents from the extracted values and to build Turing-complete scripts
- Pattern matching: to extract several expressions in an easy way using an annotated version of the input page for pattern-matching
- XPath 2.0/XQuery 1.0: compatibility mode for old XPath/XQuery versions
- JSONiq: to work with JSON APIs (deprecated by XPath 3.1)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xidel.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.