This is the Linux app named xowa whose latest release can be downloaded as xowa_v0.1.apk. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named xowa with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
XOWA is a desktop application for reading and editing Wikipedia offline
(XOWA has moved to http://gnosygnu.github.io/xowa/download.html)
- Displays all articles from Wikipedia without an internet connection
- Works with any Wikimedia wiki, including Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikivoyage
- Works with any non-English language wiki such as French Wikipedia, German Wikisource, Dutch Wikivoyage, etc.
- Works with other specialized wikis such as Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikispecies, or any other MediaWiki generated dump
- Renders articles with full HTML formatting
- Downloads images and other files on demand
- Updates your wiki whenever you want, using Wikimedia database backups.
- Sets up Simple Wikipedia in less than 5 minutes
- Navigates between offline wikis (click on "Look up this word in Wiktionary" and it will open your offline version of Wiktionary)
- Edits articles
- Installs to a flash memory card for portability to other machines
- Can be customized at many levels: from keyboard shortcuts to HTML layouts to internal options
- View the HTML for any wiki page
- Search for any page by title using a Wikipedia-like Search box
- Browse pages by alphabetical order using Special:AllPages
- Find a word on a page.
- Access a history of viewed pages
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xowa/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.