OnWorks Elementary OS online est une distribution de bureau basée sur Ubuntu. Certaines de ses fonctionnalités les plus intéressantes incluent un environnement de bureau personnalisé appelé Pantheon et de nombreuses applications personnalisées, telles que Photos, Musique, Vidéos, Agenda, Terminal, Fichiers, etc. Il est également livré avec des applications familières comme le
As you can see in this OnWorks Elementary OS online the human interface guidelines of the elementary OS project focus on immediate usability with a gentle learning curve, rather than full-fledged customization. The three core rules the developers set for themselves were "concision", "accessible configuration" and "minimal documentation"
The Pantheon desktop environment is built on top of the GNOME software base, i.e. GTK, GDK, Cairo, GLib (including GObject and GIO), GVfs and Tracker. The desktop allows for multiple workspaces to organize the user's workflow.
Pantheon applications that are designed and developed by elementary are:
- Pantheon Greeter: session manager based on LightDM
- Gala: window manager
- Wingpanel: top panel, similar in function to GNOME Shell's top panel
- Slingshot: application launcher located in WingPanel
- Plank: dock (upon which Docky is based)
- Switchboard: settings application (or control panel)
- Pantheon Mail: e-mail client written in Vala and based on WebKitGTK
- Calendar: desktop calendar
- Music: audio player
- Code: code-focused text editor, comparable to gedit or leafpad.
- Terminal: terminal emulator
- Files (formerly called Marlin): file manager
- Installer: Installer built in partnership with System76.