This is the Linux app named ApproxAdderLib whose latest release can be downloaded as ApproxAdderLib.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ApproxAdderLib with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
We provide MATLAB and Verilog Models of GeAr, and previously proposed adders (ACA-I, ETAII, ACA-II and GDA) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/approxadderlib/
GeAr is a low latency Generic Accuracy Configurable Adder that provides a higher number of potential configurations compared to state-of-the-art approximate adders, thus enabling a high degree of flexibility and trade-off between performance and output quality.
These MATALB and Verilog models can allow software programmer as well as hardware designers to evaluate their code and design. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first open-source library of approximate adders that facilitates reproducible comparisons and further research and development in this direction across various layers of design abstraction.
This work is a result of collaborative effort between Chair for Embedded Systems (CES) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany and Vision Image and Signal Processing (VISpro) Lab at SEECS-NUST, Pakistan.
Science/Research, Education, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/approxadderlib/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.