This is the Linux app named Cassette Retro Player whose latest release can be downloaded as CassetteRetroPlayer-0.1.2.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cassette Retro Player with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Cassette Retro Player
Transform a set of mp3 files into a virtual cassette and interact with it just like a real cassette.
Live again all that emotional load attached to the cassette format and the way you interacted with these gadgets: press play, rewind, fast forward and reverse the cassette tape. Concepts that do not exist anymore in modern media players in the same way, but they are still wired in your brain with the music you used to listen in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the places and people that were around you at those moments.
Play the music as you used to do it decades ago, and bring a piece of happiness from the past. Nostalgia ensured.
- Simple controls: Play, pause, rewind, fast forward, stop, eject and master volume.
- Customize cassette color and label aspect.
- Create a cassette library with all your most appreciated music.
- Edit cassette track list, adding, removing and reordering the audio files.
- Support for mp3, aac, and all popular audio formats.
- Because the music sounds better in the format in which you heard it for the first time.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cassette-retro-player/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.