This is the Linux app named Crossword Designer whose latest release can be downloaded as CrosswordDesigner.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Crossword Designer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A tool to help you design crosswords by hand, though there are automated functions to suggest words, or even fill in grids.
You create a grid, add clues by hand, then use the cut and paste tools to transfer to a wordprocessing or other desktop publishing package. So a nice tool for education, if you're running a club magazine or parish newsletter, or similar use. You can transfer files in the semi-standard xpf format, supported by some other crossword-editing software.
There's also a completely portable random crossword generator. It's an independent program, but shares a lot of code with Crossword Designer.
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crossworddesign/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.