This is the Linux app named Dotty whose latest release can be downloaded as 3.1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dotty with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The exciting new version of Scala 3 brings many improvements and new features. Scala 3 is a complete overhaul of the Scala language. At its core, many aspects of the type-system have been changed to be more principled. While this also brings exciting new features along (like union types), first and foremost, it means that the type-system gets (even) less in your way and for instance type-inference and overload resolution are much improved. One underlying core concept of Scala was (and still is to some degree) to provide users with a small set of powerful features that can be combined to great (and sometimes even unforeseen) expressivity. For example, the feature of implicits has been used to model contextual abstraction, to express type-level computation, model type-classes, perform implicit coercions, encode extension methods, and many more. Learning from these use cases, Scala 3 takes a slightly different approach and focuses on intent rather than mechanism.
- You can try Scala 3 in your browser with Scastie
- If you already have sbt installed, you can create a Scala 3 project and sbt will take care of the rest
- You can install all necessary dependencies with coursier
- You can manually install Scala 3 on your computer
- The fastest way to create a new project in Scala 3 is using sbt (1.1.4+)
- To try it in your project see also the Getting Started User Guide
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotty.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.