This is the Linux app named Erwin whose latest release can be downloaded as erwin-snapshot-latest.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Erwin with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Erwin is an IRC-bot in Perl, using POE, written with modularity and expandability in mind. Installing and configuring modules is very easy, compared to lots of other Perl bots where you have to read the source and add your own code in the various event loops.
Adding additional functionality is as easy as writing a subroutine that returns something and configuring a regex to use that subroutine. By typing "!google keyword", for instance, "Google::Search" gets "keyword" as an argument, searches Google with that keyword and returns a couple of URLs.
Further expandability can be achieved using "plug-ins". Plug-ins subclass "Erwin::Plugin", and can recieve and take control over various events. For example does the pastebin-plugin need the ability to take control over every line sent privately by some user, and e.g. a quiz module would need to get every single message sent to a channel while a quiz is going on.
- Very easy to add regexes and write modules.
- Advanced fact database.
- Paste bin with support for multiple channels -- very useful for help channels.
- Search the web using Google.
Advanced End Users, Developers, Testers
Perl DBI/DBD, SQL-based
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/erwin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.