This is the Linux app named New CTruck3D Rally whose latest release can be downloaded as New_CTruck3D_Rally_SMALLFILES.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named New CTruck3D Rally with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
New CTruck3D Rally
DESCRIPTIONIt's a free-roaming 3D racing game featuring advanced terrain rendering.
For small file-size, a 4k x 4k terrain is available, sampled meter-by-meter so it's very smooth. Lightweight program.
This is the form in which I wished to do the first release of the terrain rendering Algorithm I have developed throughout almost 2 years.
Written in C++, featuring multithreading (2 threads):
a total remake of the first 3D game I did years ago, CTruck3D_Simplex and sequels.
This works better, thought the basic idea is the seme. Similar to the old games Terep2 and "1nsane".
I am an algorithmist, not a game developer: so it was hard for me to put this togather. But I did this tribute to videogames.
Have lots of fun!
mouse: primary camera control
arrows: drive vehicle ;
SHIFT: turbo ;
TAB: change car.
o: change camera ;
1,2: zoom-in/out ;
3,4 : horizontal and vertical camera placement (internal view)
u: respawn car
c,v,f,r :secondary camera control.
- Advanced terrain rendering. And very large terrain: 4k x 4k in this release, but it could be more too
- A few different cars: though not all are really good
- Optimized for multicore computers (multithreading) ; and overall low system requirements
- extreme rally in full free-roaming fashion
- easy and quick to compile ; plus very short sourcecode (all in C++)
- Hope to make soon easy the importation of new vehicle-models and their settings (mass, ammortizer lenght and spring-constant, internal friction, wheel lateral friction, etc)
Science/Research, Developers, End Users/Desktop
OpenGL, Project is a 3D engine, SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/newctruck3drally/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.