This is the Linux app named PDF OCR Wrapper whose latest release can be downloaded as pdfocrwrapper-1.1-201007011719-source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PDF OCR Wrapper with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PDF OCR Wrapper
Note as of 2013-09-13: I'm moving this project over to github due to this:
Feel free to rejoin the more updated versions on
This is a wrapper written in Java that allows to recursively iterate a directory structure and call an OCR engine on each found PDF on the condition that it hat not yet been called for that PDF. It works well with the ABBYY OCR Engine for Linux.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfocrwrapper/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.