This is the Linux app named Overtone whose latest release can be downloaded as 0.10.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Overtone with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Overtone is an open-source audio environment designed to explore new musical ideas from synthesis and sampling to instrument building, live coding and collaborative jamming. We combine the powerful SuperCollider audio engine, with Clojure, a state-of-the-art lisp, to create an intoxicating interactive sonic experience. Synchronize your visuals and noise with ease. Overtone features seamless integration with both Quil, a Clojure front-end to Processing and ShaderTone, a Clojure version of ShaderToy an OpenGL glsl shader programming environment. Overtone has been designed and engineered for live coding. Our lisp heritage means that synthesizers, effects, analyzers and musical generators can be programmed and modified live in real-time whilst the sound keeps on blasting out. Overtone is more than just software, it's also a growing community.
- A Clojure API to the SuperCollider synthesis engine
- A growing library of musical functions (scales, chords, rhythms, arpeggiators, etc.)
- Metronome and timing system to support live-programming and sequencing
- Plug and play MIDI device I/O
- A full open sound control (OSC) client and server implementation
- Pre-cache - a system for locally caching external assets such as .wav files
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/overtone.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.