This is the Linux app named TextScout whose latest release can be downloaded as TextScout.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TextScout with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A simple yet effective cross platform search tool optimized for searching within source code. TextScout performs recursive directory searches and allows to enter search queries either in wildcard or regular expression syntax.
- Search tool optimized for code search
- Supports regular expression and wildcard syntax
- Result matching over multiple lines
- Fast recursive directory search
- Search results with syntax hilighting
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/textscout/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.