This is the Linux app named Action! Programming Language whose latest release can be downloaded as action.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Action! Programming Language with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Action! Programming Language
Action! is a programming language, with integrated editor, debugger, and 6502 compiler, for the Atari 8-bit family of microcomputers. Action! was created by Clinton Parker and released on cartridge by Optimized Systems Software in 1983. Its syntax is similar to that of ALGOL 68.
Action! is significant for its high performance, which allows games and graphics demos to be written in a high-level language without use of hand-written assembly language code. Action! language constructs were designed to map cleanly to 6502 opcodes.
In 2015, Clinton Parker has release the Action! 3.6 source code to the public under the terms of GPL. This project is intended to preserve the Action! source code and to provide updates and fixes for known bugs.
The download of the latest binaries is available via https://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/action/action.zip.
Join us at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217770-action-source-code/ for questions and discussions.
- runs nativeley on every Atari 8-bit computer
- powerful full screen text editor
- available as cardridge and disk version
- supports structured programming
- generates fast and small self-contains executables
Pascal, ALGOL 68
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/atari-action/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.