This is the Linux app named ANPR for National Borders whose latest release can be downloaded as LicensePlateRecognition.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ANPR for National Borders with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ANPR for National Borders
The idea is to enhance and develop the national border crossing process by the integration of automated vehicle recognition while crossing country borders.
i'm going to use Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR): a system that recognizes the numbers of the vehicle plates by using OCR (optical character recognition) technology and Infrared cameras.
This is going to be achieved by taking the license plate image from the camera and processing it using the software I’m going to develop together with an open source OCR system. The output is going to be a text version of the plate number. Then it is going to retrieve that number from a database and get the information of the vehicle owner.
Note: Please note that you need emgucv installed. you also need to move the project files to:
Please note: that the project was created using visual studio 2003, on windows xp. and it might not run fluently on newer versions. please try to update it.
- Open source ANPR system
- Integration with MS SQL
- The ability to to pull driver information from the MS SQL Database
Microsoft SQL Server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/anpr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.