This is the Linux app named Category Theory for Programmers whose latest release can be downloaded as ReleasingScalaeditiontoprint!.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Category Theory for Programmers with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Category Theory for Programmers
This is an unofficial PDF version of "Category Theory for Programmers" by Bartosz Milewski, converted from his blogpost series (with permission). Category Theory for Programmers was published 12 August, 2019. Based off release tag v1.3.0. See errata-1.3.0 for changes and fixes since print. Scala Edition is now available in paperback. Publish. Based off release tag v1.3.0. See errata-scala for changes and fixes since print. The best way to build the book is using the Nix package manager. After installing Nix, type nix-shell in the root directory of the project. This will download all the needed dependencies and tools to build the book (TeXLive, required fonts and packages, Pygments theme for syntax highligting, etc.).
- Use the Nix package manager to build the book
- Learn about declarative programming
- You can learn about products and coproducts
- Learn everything about simple algebraic data types
- Understand free and forgetful adjunctions
- Learn all you need to know about monads, monoids, and categories
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cat-theory-programmers.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.