This is the Linux app named code-server whose latest release can be downloaded as code-server-3.12.0-linux-amd64.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named code-server with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
code-server converts VS Code, the world’s most popular IDE, into a cloud IDE. This means you can essentially code on any device you choose with a consistent dev environment. With the entire dev environment running in large cloud servers, you can take advantage of faster speeds when running tests, builds, downloads and more. You also preserve battery life when you’re on the go since all intensive computation runs on your server.
- Easy and consistent environment management, even when switching workstations
- Powerful, scalable servers provide enhanced performance
- Centralized servers for all source code and development data provide greater security
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/code-server.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.