This is the Linux app named CrowdSec whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CrowdSec with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CrowdSec - an open-source massively multiplayer firewall able to analyze visitor behavior & provide an adapted response to all kinds of attacks. It also leverages the crowd power to generate a global IP reputation database to protect the user network. Crowdsec shouldn't, and didn't crash any production so far we know, but some features might be missing or undergo evolutions. IP Blocklists are limited to very-safe-to-ban IPs only (~5% of the global database so far, will grow soon). A modern behavior detection system, written in Go. It stacks on Fail2ban's philosophy, but uses Grok patterns & YAML grammar to analyse logs, a modern decoupled approach (detect here, remedy there) for Cloud/Containers/VM based infrastructures. Once detected you can remedy threats with various bouncers (block, 403, Captchas, etc.) and blocked IPs are shared among all users to further improve their security. Crowdsec is an open-source, lightweight software, detecting peers with aggressive behaviors.
- CrowdSec parses logs to assess the behavior of IP addresses
- Offending IPs are dealt with locally (block, captcha, 2FA, etc.)
- Free & open-source security automation tool
- Local IP behavior detection & a community-powered IP reputation system
- Designed to run seamlessly on servers
- Logs are normalized using GROK pattern
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crowdsec.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.