This is the Linux app named diffpak whose latest release can be downloaded as diffpak-0.2.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named diffpak with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A differential compresor (or a binary diff) for huge files. Unlike other tools, e.g. xdelta3, it searches for matching data through the whole source file, even if it weights several gigabytes, while using much less memory (with default configuration approx 25x less than the size of the source file). Output files are not compressed, so you can use any compressor you like with great results.
It is quite fast for very similar files (about the speed of hdd, however it reads input files twice) and not much worse on files with lots of differences.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/diffpak/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.