This is the Linux app named dps8m whose latest release can be downloaded as QuickStart_MR12.6f.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dps8m with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
*** This repository has been migrated here: https://gitlab.com/dps8m/dps8m ***
"Multics rulez, UNIX droolz"
Multics lives.... we did it!
If you are interested in running your own Multics system see the wiki here: https://multics-wiki.swenson.org/index.php.
If you are interested the DPS8M emulator, read on.
!!!! Please read disclaimers in our Wiki, Files or GIT sections before downloading anything from this project
FLASH! * FLASH! * FLASH! * FLASH! * FLASH!
Please see wiki for latest news!
2015-11-05: The Ritter Park RCC Multics installation was "[T]aken down after a month of uptime."
2017-03-07: The DPS8M Development Team released Multics Release MR12.6f.
2017-07-08: Announcing v1.0
The purpose of this project is to create a simulator reproducing in sufficient detail the function and capabilities of the Honeywell/Bull dps-8/m processor with the ultimate goal of resurrecting Multi
- 'SIMH' based simulator for the Honeywell h6180 / dps8m Multics processor.
- Capable of booting Multics MR12.5 and MR12.6.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dps8m/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.