This is the Linux app named Faust whose latest release can be downloaded as libfaust-ubuntu-x86_64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Faust with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Faust (Functional Audio Stream) is a functional programming language for sound synthesis and audio processing with a strong focus on the design of synthesizers, musical instruments, audio effects, etc. Faust targets high-performance signal processing applications and audio plug-ins for a variety of platforms and standards. The core component of Faust is its compiler. It allows to "translate" any Faust digital signal processing (DSP) specification to a wide range of non-domain specific languages such as C++, C, LLVM bit code, WebAssembly, Rust, etc. In this regard, Faust can be seen as an alternative to C++ but is much simpler and more intuitive to learn. Thanks to a wrapping system called "architectures," codes generated by Faust can be easily compiled into a wide variety of objects ranging from audio plug-ins to standalone applications or smartphone and web apps, etc.
- The Faust compiler translates DSP specifications into very efficient code for various languages
- Designed for real-time signal processing and synthesis
- It targets high-performance signal processing applications
- Can be used to easily generate various kinds of native standalone applications
- Faust compilation and installation is based on CMake
- The Online Faust Editor is a zero-conf tool that provides all the compilation services
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/faust.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.