This is the Linux app named FreeJ2ME whose latest release can be downloaded as freej2me_2018-09-07.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FreeJ2ME with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONFreeJ2ME is a simple J2ME emulator with a focus on old mobile phone games. It was designed to run on Windows, desktop Linux, and on the Raspberry Pi 3 using Libretro and Retroarch as provided by RetroPie.
It supports some games not playable using MicroEmulator and Kemulat0r, though it does not support every game those play. At the moment, it's best to have all three if you're interested in those types of games.
Some games only run at specific resolutions. Per-game configuration is available from the menu (by pressing esc). Preferences are saved and will automatically load.
Games automatically scale with the window size, making it easy to play games designed for smaller screen sizes.
The Java portion can be built using Apache Ant with the build.xml file provided. The Libretro core can be built using the build.sh script. Installation instructions for the Libretro core for RetroPie are included.
Follow the development process here:
- Full Screen / Scaling
- Per-game configuration
- Optional Libretro core
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freej2me/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.