This is the Linux app named GelJ whose latest release can be downloaded as geljv2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GelJ with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
GelJ is a Java application designed for analysing DNA fingerprint images. GelJ is a feather-weight, user-friendly, open-source and free tool that combines the simple design of free systems with instrumental features for DNA fingerprinting that are only available on commercial tools. Some of the outstanding features of GelJ are functionality for accurate lane- and band-detection, several methods for computing migration models and generating dendrograms, comparison of banding patterns from different experiments, and database support.
Citing GelJ: J. Heras, C. Domínguez, E. Mata, and V. Pascual. GelJ – a tool for analyzing DNA fingerprint gel images. BMC Bioinformatics 2015, 16:270 http://doi.org/10.1186/s12859-015-0703-0.
You can see more information about GelJ in https://sourceforge.net/p/gelj/wiki/Home/
Several videos explaining the use of GelJ are available in https://sourceforge.net/p/gelj/wiki/Videos/
Please address any question or comment to joheras at gmail.com
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gelj/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.