This is the Linux app named Group Expense Manager whose latest release can be downloaded as GroupExpenseManagerv0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Group Expense Manager with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Group Expense Manager
This tool can be used when you want to calculate how much you need to give or get from other group members.
For example 5 people go out on a trip.Say person A,B,C,D,E.
And Expenses are like:
1. Trip road cost : 2000 bucks (A paid 1000,B paid 500,C paid 500)
2. A,B had snacks : 50 bucks (A paid 50)
3. B,C,D had drinks : 150 bucks (B paid 150)
4. hotel cost : 2500 bucks ( C paid 2500)
Here A,B,C,D,E are added to person list file.
There are 3 different groups:
For case 1 there are 3 transaction
A paid 1000 in G5 group : G5,A,1000
B paid 500 in G5 group : G5,B,500
C paid 500 in G5 group : G5,C,500
For case 2 there is 1 transaction
A paid 50 in G2 group : G2,A,50
For case 3 there is 1 transaction
B paid 150 in G3 group : G3,B,150
For case 4 there is 1 transaction
C paid 2500 in G5 group : G5,C,2500
- Simple UI
- Data is stored in separate text file which can by reused
- Calculates complex group expense senario in seconds
- calculates everyones share (to give or to get) considering all group transactions
End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/group-expense-manager/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.