This is the Linux app named Jester whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.5.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Jester with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The sinatra-like web framework for Nim. Jester provides a DSL for quickly creating web applications in Nim. All routes must be inside a routes block. Routes will be executed in the order that they are declared. So be careful when halting. The route path may contain a special pattern or just a static string. Special patterns are almost identical to Sinatra's, the only real difference is the use of @ instead of the :. In this case you might want to make the leading '/' optional too, you can do this by changing the pattern to "/hello/?@name?". This is useful because Jester will not match "/hello" if the leading '/' is not made optional. Route bodies all have an implicit request object. This object is documented in jester.nim and documentation can be generated by executing nim doc jester.nim. It is possible not to use the routes macro and to do the routing yourself. You can do this by writing your own match procedure. Take a look at example2 for an example on how to do this.
- DSL for quickly creating web applications in Nim
- All routes must be inside a routes block
- Routes will be executed in the order that they are declared. So be careful when halting
- The patterns in Jester are currently a bit more limited, there is no wildcard patterns
- Regex can also be used as a route pattern
- Jester supports conditions
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jester.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.