This is the Linux app named JForum2 whose latest release can be downloaded as jforum-2.8.0.war. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JForum2 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
JForum is a powerful and robust discussion board system implemented in Java. It provides an attractive interface, an efficient forum engine, an easy to use administrative panel, an advanced permission control system and much more. Built from the ground up around an MVC framework , it can be deployed on any Servlet 3.1 container or application server running at least Java 8, such as Tomcat, Jetty and JBoss/WildFly. Its clean design and implementation make JForum easy to customize and extend.
There is extensive documentation of all aspects of the software at https://sourceforge.net/p/jforum2/wiki2/Home/
It is freely available under the BSD license.
- Unlimited forums, categories, and topics
- Support for popular databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer and HSQLDB
- Karma - Rate messages and users
- Bookmarks - save your favourite threads and share with other users
- Easy migration from phpBB
- Friendly URLs (no more long and hard-to-remember links!)
- Listing of currently online users
- Listing of the Most Recent topics from the whole forum
- Fast and scalable, perfect for busy sites - unlike most message board systems, JForum caches frequently accessed data to avoid excessive querying of the database
System Administrators, Developers
HSQL, JDBC, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL (pgsql), Microsoft SQL Server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jforum2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.