This is the Linux app named Jupyter Notebook whose latest release can be downloaded as v7.0.6sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Jupyter Notebook with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The notebook extends the console-based approach to interactive computing in a qualitatively new direction, providing a web-based application suitable for capturing the whole computation process: developing, documenting, and executing code, as well as communicating the results. The Jupyter notebook combines two components. A web application, which is a browser-based tool for interactive authoring of documents which combine explanatory text, mathematics, computations and their rich media output. And Notebook documents, which are a representation of all content visible in the web application, including inputs and outputs of the computations, explanatory text, mathematics, images, and rich media representations of objects. Notebook documents contain the inputs and outputs of a interactive session as well as additional text that accompanies the code but is not meant for execution.
- In-browser editing for code, with automatic syntax highlighting, indentation, and tab completion/introspection
- The ability to execute code from the browser, with the results of computations attached to the code which generated them
- Displaying the result of computation using rich media representations, such as HTML, LaTeX, PNG, SVG, etc.
- In-browser editing for rich text using the Markdown markup language, which can provide commentary for the code, is not limited to plain text
- The ability to easily include mathematical notation within markdown cells using LaTeX, and rendered natively by MathJax
- Notebook files can serve as a complete computational record of a session, interleaving executable code with explanatory text, mathematics, and rich representations of resulting objects
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jupyter-notebook.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.