This is the Linux app named Kakoune whose latest release can be downloaded as Kakoune2022.10.31.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Kakoune with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Multiple selections are the central way of interacting in Kakoune, with powerful handling primitives (regex matches, filtering, splitting, aligning, text objects etc). Kakoune implements several tools to help editing/writing text: contextual help, as-you-type completion, syntax highlighting for several programming languages. Text can be selected and modified at will in multiple ways, thanks to several primitives: selection rotation, case manipulation, indentation leveling. Users can extend the features of Kakoune or customize them to their liking with macros or hooks. With Kakoune, you can collaboratively edit the same file: all new windows created by the editor are clients, and can simultaneously modify the content of a file. As such, windows are fully under the control of your X11 window manager or can be managed in a single terminal through Kakoune's tmux support.
- The project is actively developed
- Advanced text manipulation primitives
- Multiple selections
- Text editing tools
- Client/Server architecture
- Automatically indent symbols, by aligning cursors of the splitted selections
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kakoune.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.