This is the Linux app named KillDisk whose latest release can be downloaded as Killdisk_12.1.22.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named KillDisk with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
KillDisk is a program written in python for Unix based systems for wiping a hard drive. It can wipe a hard drive using all zeroes or random data, and as many times as you want to specify.
If you'd like to donate there's several ways to do so:
Bitcoin (BTC): bc1q86c5j7wvf6cw78tf8x3szxy5gnxg4gj8mw4sy2
Monero (XMR): 42ho3m9tJsobZwQDsFTk92ENdWAYk2zL8Qp42m7pKmfWE7jzei7Fwrs87MMXUTCVifjZZiStt3E7c5tmYa9qNxAf3MbY7rD
Basic Attention Token (BAT): 0x523eC9d30FeA66EC26eDDDe5c7c2A49CBA961ef7
- Overwrite hard drive sectors with zeroes
- Overwrite hard drive sectors with random data
- Wipe hard drives multiple times consecutively
- KillDisk will announce the beginning of each new wipe count to make up for the lack of a progress bar from DD.
Information Technology, System Administrators, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/killdisk/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.