This is the Linux app named LiVES whose latest release can be downloaded as lives-3.2.0.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named LiVES with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It is designed to be simple to use, yet powerful. It is small in size, yet it has many advanced features.
Using LiVES, you can start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ's and video editors - mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.
For the more technically minded, the application is frame and sample accurate, and it can be controlled remotely or scripted for use as a video server. And it supports all of the latest free standards.
- Frame and sample accurate editing
- Edit video in realtime or non-realtime
- Works with almost any type of video
- Fully extendable through plugins
- Can be controlled via keyboard, joystick, MIDI or remote network (OSC compatible)
- Integration with pulse audio and jack audio
- Dozens of video effects, both rendered and realtime
- Compatible with various effects framworks: projectM, frei0r, libvisual and LADSPA audio
- Instant previews
- Unlimited video and audio tracks in multitrack mode
- Encoding to over 50 different video types
- Ultra fast save/restore for projects in progress
- Full crash recovery
- VJ keyboard control during playback
- Mix clips and apply effects during playback, as well as changing the speed and direction of play
- Fully multithreaded / multi core for both playback and rendering
- Download and import your favourite clips from Youtube, Vimeo and other sites
- Record your performance in realtime, then render it as a new clip
- Switch between internal and external audio sources with a single button click
- Support for unlimited webcams. Apply effects, mix and record them like any other clip
- Support for custom themes and colour schemes
- Create data connections between realtime effects
- Support for multiple monitors
- Automatic VJ mode, integration with Mixxx and other software
- Support for loading and saving subtitles in srt or ass formats.
Education, Telecommunications Industry, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
X Window System (X11), GTK+
Python, Perl, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lives/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.