This is the Linux app named Luakit whose latest release can be downloaded as 2.3.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Luakit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Luakit is a highly configurable browser framework based on the WebKit web content engine and the GTK+ toolkit. It is very fast, extensible with Lua, and licensed under the GNU GPLv3 license. It is primarily targeted at power users, developers and anyone who wants to have fine-grained control over their web browser’s behavior and interface. While switching to the WebKit 2 API means a vastly improved security situation, not all distributions of Linux package the most up-to-date version of WebKitGTK+, and several package very outdated versions that have many known vulnerabilities. As of September 2019, Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, and Ubuntu all have the latest version of WebKitGTK+, but OpenSUSE ships an outdated and vulnerable version in their stable channel. If you use Luakit for browsing, it is your responsibility to ensure that your distribution packages an up-to-date version of WebKitGTK+!
- Fast, extensible, and customizable web browser
- Ad blocker settings page lists currently active filter lists
- Different themes and with vertical tabs
- Follow mode with several link hints
- Normal mode when reading a web page
- Arch Linux users can install the luakit-git package from the AUR
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/luakit.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.