This is the Linux app named mpv whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.35.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mpv with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
mpv is a free (as in freedom) media player for the command line. It supports a wide variety of media file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types. Powerful scripting capabilities can make the player do almost anything. There is a large selection of user scripts on the wiki. While mpv strives for minimalism and provides no real GUI, it has a small controller on top of the video for basic control. mpv has an OpenGL, Vulkan, and D3D11 based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles, such as video scaling with popular high quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, HDR, and more. mpv can leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms. Hardware decoding can be enabled at runtime on demand. A straightforward C API was designed from the ground up to make mpv usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications. mpv is under active development, focusing on code refactoring and cleanups.
- Free, open source, and cross-platform media player
- On screen controller and scripting features available
- High quality video output
- GPU video decoding
- Embeddable and in active development
- The mpv build system uses waf
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.