This is the Linux app named NAT Braille whose latest release can be downloaded as Nat-installer-v2_2rc1.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NAT Braille with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NAT is a free universal Braille translator. It supports French Braille grade 1, mathematical Braille, Braille layout and reverse transcription. French Braille grade 2, music and other languages are currently under development.
- transcribes documents including maths ones into braille
- transcribes from black to braille and from braille to black
- works with French integral and contracted braille
- Support for pedagogical scenario
- support for braille printing
- braille hyphenation
- basic and advanced configuration
- input document formats: odt, text, html, microsoft
- braille page auto-layout
- brf export
- simple braille editor including Perkins mode
- black math editing (very usefull in classroom)
- xhtml + mathml rendering
- braille image rendering
- French chemical braille (testing)
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
Java Swing, Non-interactive (Daemon), Console/Terminal, Command-line
XSL (XSLT/XPath/XSL-FO), Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nat-braille/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.