This is the Linux app named netcross whose latest release can be downloaded as netcross-0.9pre-alpha.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named netcross with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONNetcross is a tunneling software particularly useful in restricted (read firewalled) network environments, which is able to establish IP tunnels exploiting Domain Name Resolution requests/responses.
The current implementation is quite unstable and is mostly intended for testing and research purposes.
Currently Netcross comes with the following transport modules:
- Tun/Tap over DNS
- TCP Redirector over DNS
- HTTP Proxy over DNS
Many details about the operating principles that underpin the operation of this tool can be found in the paper entitled "Network Evasion via DNS Covert Channels" and published in the ICTSM2011 conference proceedings.
A copy of the paper is freely available for download here.
Compiling and Running:
Just compile with a plain old make Then it can be launched as follows: ./netcross (if unspecified it looks for /etc/netcross.conf).
For instructions about the netcross.conf config file see the README file
Telecommunications Industry, Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/netcross/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.