This is the Linux app named NGINX Ingress Controller whose latest release can be downloaded as helm-chart-4.8.2sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NGINX Ingress Controller with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NGINX Ingress Controller
ingress-nginx is an Ingress controller for Kubernetes using NGINX as a reverse proxy and load balancer. It is built around the Kubernetes Ingress resource, using a ConfigMap to store the NGINX configuration. The goal of this Ingress controller is the assembly of a configuration file (nginx.conf). The main implication of this requirement is the need to reload NGINX after any change in the configuration file. Though it is important to note that we don't reload Nginx on changes that impact only an upstream configuration (i.e Endpoints change when you deploy your app). We use lua-nginx-module to achieve this. Check below to learn more about how it's done. Usually, a Kubernetes Controller utilizes the synchronization loop pattern to check if the desired state in the controller is updated or a change is required. To this purpose, we need to build a model using different objects from the cluster, in particular (in no special order) Ingresses, Services, Endpoints, Secrets, and Configmaps.
- Create a list of NGINX Servers
- Create a list of NGINX Upstreams
- Annotations are applied to all the paths in the Ingress
- Multiple Ingresses can define different annotations
- The goal of this Ingress controller is the assembly of a configuration file
- Order Ingress rules by CreationTimestamp field, i.e., old rules first
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nginx-ingress-cont.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.