This is the Linux app named Open Source Oracle RMAN Backup Solution whose latest release can be downloaded as rbSCRIPTS_silicon_31OCT2010.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Open Source Oracle RMAN Backup Solution with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Open Source Oracle RMAN Backup Solution
DESCRIPTIONPackage consists of 3 scripts (Perl+Bash) highly scalable that all RMAN and your site specific parms (backup dir etc) can be supplied through a .ini file. Includes .ppt and video demo, also refer some details here padmavyuha.blogspot.com
- Scalable : Customizable for any site by simple edits to a .ini file.
- Reliable :Test ran at least 200+ times over the course of development and enhancement.
- Performance : Start Time and End Time are captured even for each functions.
- Readability : Very well formatted, used naming conventions, well aligned, standard naming conventions for functions
- Notifications and Reporting : Paging and E-mailing options, In addition to detailed logs creates reports for archival and also for performance comparison.
- Implementation : Includes all "Top 10 Backup/Recovery practices" recommended by Oracle (Metalink).
- Ease of Use : Switching between DISK vs TAPE can be done through command line, no edits/hard coding changes.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/oraclerman/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.