This is the Linux app named PasswordBox whose latest release can be downloaded as pbox011-src.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PasswordBox with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONPasswordBox is a console-mode program that will keep all your passwords safe, in an encrypted database protected by a master password. PasswordBox can also be used to generate secure (random) passwords.
This program is written by Mateusz Viste, and uses the AES implementation of Chris Brown to handle all encryption/decryption processes.
PasswordBox is available for the following operating systems: DOS, Windows, Linux.
Remember, that if you forget your master password, you will have no way to recover the database content.
Usage: pbox [--help] [--dump]
--help displays a help screen (any unsupported parameter will display it, too)
--dump lists all the data of your encrypted database onscreen
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/passwbox/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.