This is the Linux app named PC-BASIC - a GW-BASIC emulator whose latest release can be downloaded as pcbasic-v1.2.14.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PC-BASIC - a GW-BASIC emulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PC-BASIC - a GW-BASIC emulator
DESCRIPTIONPC-BASIC is a free, cross-platform interpreter for GW-BASIC, BASICA, PCjr Cartridge Basic and Tandy 1000 GWBASIC. PC-BASIC is free and open source software released under the GPLv3.
For documentation, release notes and GitHub-hosted downloads, please see the official homepage:
Four source code, development, known issues and to report bugs please see the GitHub project page https://github.com/robhagemans/pcbasic
- Runs GW-BASIC programs stored in tokenised form, as text (,A) or in protected form (,P)
- GW-BASIC compatible MBF floating-point arithmetic and random-number generator
- Sound and graphics, including Tandy 1000/PCjr 3-voice sound and noise generator
- Built-in support for many codepages including DBCS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcbasic/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.