This is the Linux app named pev whose latest release can be downloaded as pev-0.81.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pev with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
pev is a multiplatform toolkit to work with PE (Portable Executable) binaries. Its main goal is to provide feature-rich tools for proper analyze binaries, specially the suspicious ones.
Go to https://github.com/merces/pev for most up to date code!
- Based on own PE library, called libpe
- Support for PE32 and PE32+ (64-bit) files
- Formatted output in text and CSV (other formats in development)
- pesec: check security features in PE files, extract certificates and more
- readpe: parse PE headers, sections, imports and exports
- pescan: detect TLS callback functions, DOS stub modification, suspicious sections and more
- pedis: disassembly a PE file section or function with support for Intel and AT&T syntax
- Include tools to convert RVA from file offset and vice-versa
- pehash: calculate PE file hashes
- pepack: detect if an executable is packed or not
- pestr: search for hardcoded Unicode and ASCII strings simultaneously in PE files
- peres: show and extract PE file resources
Developers, Auditors, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pev/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.