This is the Linux app named pgn4web whose latest release can be downloaded as pgn4web-3.05.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pgn4web with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
"pgn4web has a clean design, and is easily integrated and configured in wordpress. And yet, below that layer of simplicity, it has enough bells and whistles to allow for more baroque needs and taste. A truly great plugin." GM Tiger Hillarp, using the pgn4web plugin for wordpress on his site chess at the bag of cats, May 2013.
"We wanted a live viewer that could work on tablets and mobile phones. pgn4web did fit very well on every platform, is stable and matched our visual design. Also the horizontal view for the commentators and the vertical view for smartphones was a real plus." H.S. from the Max Euwe memorial tournament committee, using pgn4web for live broadcast and game reports, November 2011.
- display chess games form PGN files on websites and blogs
- supports live broadcasts of chess games with automatic refresh of remote PGNs
- interactive browsing of game variations and comments
- shortcut keys for navigating through the game, for selecting games and much more; uses chessboard squares as input buttons; on supported touchscreen devices uses touch gestures across the chessboard
- fully customizable display: each item (board, button bar, game selection menu, PGN header info, game text, game comment and more) can be displayed (or hidden) at pleasure in your html file
- supports different bitmaps for chess pieces (even custom bitmaps) and different chessboard sizes
- uses figurine fonts for chess moves and chess informant style symbols for comments and annotations
- provides a chess viewer web service
- provides a board generator web service for adding chess games to websites and blogs without any coding
- integrates with popular web platforms and services such as blogger, drupal, joomla, mediawiki, phpBB, wordpress:org and many others
- supports puzzles presentation modes
- integrates with HTML5 video
- supports Chess960 (a.k.a. Fischer random chess) games
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgn4web/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.