This is the Linux app named pkg whose latest release can be downloaded as 5.5.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pkg with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This command line interface enables you to package your Node.js project into an executable that can be run even on devices without Node.js installed. Make a commercial version of your application without sources. Make a demo/evaluation/trial version of your app without sources. Instantly make executables for other platforms (cross-compilation). Make some kind of self-extracting archive or installer. No need to install Node.js and npm to run the packaged application. No need to download hundreds of files via npm install to deploy your application. Deploy it as a single file. Put your assets inside the executable to make it even more portable. Test your app against new Node.js version without installing it. pkg was created for use within containers and is not intended for use in serverless environments. For those using ZEIT Now, this means that there is no requirement to use pkg in your projects as the benefits it provides are not applicable to the platform.
- Make a commercial version of your application without sources
- Make a demo/evaluation/trial version of your app without sources
- Instantly make executables for other platforms
- Make self-extracting archives or installers
- No need to install Node.js and npm to run the packaged application
- Deploy it as a single file
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pkg.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.