This is the Linux app named Pop-seq whose latest release can be downloaded as popseq.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pop-seq with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pop-seq is a perl based simulation tool, for generating any kind of mapping population using an user defined recombination landscapes. Combined with the Seq-sim tool you can generate pooled or bar-coded next generation sequencing biased outcomes. This tool were used to solve reappearing question in a experimental design (e. g. of how many plants or sequencing depth is advisable in a back crossed or out crossed scenario )
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/popseq/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.