This is the Linux app named PROPER Optical Propagation Library whose latest release can be downloaded as X. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PROPER Optical Propagation Library with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PROPER Optical Propagation Library
PROPER is a library of routines for the propagation of wavefronts through an optical system using Fourier-based methods. It was developed at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for modeling stellar coronagraphs, but it can be applied to other optical systems were diffraction propagation is of concern. It is currently available for IDL (Interactive Data Language), Matlab and Python (3.x). It includes routines for generating complex apertures and obscurations and aberrations (Zernike & PSD-defined). It includes a model of a deformable mirror for wavefront control. The routines perform near and far field propagation with automatic selection of propagators.
The latest version is v3.2.7 released on 15 June 2022.
Please select the "PROPER Updates Notifications" tab to register to be notified when an updated version is posted.
Please report any bugs using the Tickets tab.
MATLAB, Python, IDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/proper-library/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.