This is the Linux app named Protein Contact Matrix Generator whose latest release can be downloaded as PCMGen1.0_executable.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Protein Contact Matrix Generator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Protein Contact Matrix Generator
A protein contact matrix is 2D representation of the distances between amino acid residues in a 3D protein structure. Protein Contact Map Generator (PCMGen) is a command line tool which takes protein 3D structures (PDB format files) as input and computes contact distances between two chains (from single or two different proteins). These matrix files can be further visualised as Contact Maps using other visualization tools/ programs (like R-heatmaps).
Contact Maps can be used to understand proteins' :
1. Secondary structures
2. Conformational arrangements
3. Surface interactions
- Structural Informatics
- Protein Contact Map
- Java based CLI application
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/proteincontactmap/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.