This is the Linux app named pyforward whose latest release can be downloaded as pyforward-1.14.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pyforward with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONpyforward is a GTK+ front-end to three core linux technologies that make it possible to turn your computer into a wifi access point in infrastructure mode:
1. iptables - To enable routing of your requests.
2. dnsmasq - To assign ip-addresses using dhcp.
3. hostapd - To enable wifi access to your machine in infrastructure mode.
Refer the wiki page for more information on how to run pyforward.
Note: Presently I'm in "development" mode. So, I urge the users of pyforward to make any feature-requests on the Discussion page or report any bugs.
- Ability to create a virtual wifi hotspot/WLAN in Infrastructure mode
- Seamless integration with any Linux based desktop having GTK+ 3 libraries.
- Lightweight - written purely in python using gobjects introspection.
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, Grouping and Descriptive Categories (UI), GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyforward/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.