This is the Linux app named rcard whose latest release can be downloaded as rcard-1.2.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rcard with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A vcard 3.0 contact management editor developed for ncurses.
- load a vcf file
- show all the contacts in a list
- show more information about a single contact
- perform a simple search in the contacts list
- edit contacts
- support UTF-8 (currently not on WIN32, though I'm not sure WIN32 console is actually able to support UTF-8)
- convert the VCF(s) to Pine/Alpine addressbook format
- import images from files as contacts photos
The idea is based upon rolo (which you can find at SourceForge.net, too), but no original code remains.
What is still not working:
- showing a pretty screen for the contact details (for now it simply dump the information in vcard format)
- vcard 3.0 (VCF) file support
- simple, case insensitive search (contacts list)
- UTF-8 support
- conversion of VCF(s) to Pine/Alpine addressbook format
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rcard/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.