This is the Linux app named SerialGLCD Huge display 160x128 whose latest release can be downloaded as ExtendedSerialGLCD_02.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SerialGLCD Huge display 160x128 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SerialGLCD Huge display 160x128
With this new version of SerialGLCD library, is possible to write raster characters, and draw images in horizontal and vertical position, in a 160x128 size Display.
All new C code is located at the end of main file, in order to facilitate identify what is new, and what not. It is separated by many lines.
Description of main new functions:
Draw_BMP_Ram(). this is the main new function. It is very big and complicated. The reason is that display hardware is designed to be used in vertical position (I think), so it is very easy to draw in vertical direction, but difficult in a horizontal way.
print_char(). This function has been modified, in order to support this Display. It is easy to modify it to support both displays (160x128 and 128x64).
Draw_BMP_Progmem() is intended to display images stored in flash memory. It reads the image from flash memory, and then it use Draw_BMP_Ram() function to do it.
I have included a full example of using, at the end of main file.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/serialglcd-huge/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.