This is the Linux app named Simple xbm Image Editor whose latest release can be downloaded as SimpleXbmImageEditor_1.0.1_py3.x.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Simple xbm Image Editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Simple xbm Image Editor
The Simple xbm Image Editor presents a Tkinter GUI and has the following functions:
- Create new .xbm image files and update existing files
- Images are displayed in actual size and in an enlarged grid suitable for editing
- Toggle the bits of the image edit grid to foreground/background with mouse clicks
- Increase or decrease the width and/or height of an image
- Rotate an image
- Shift an image up, down, left or right
- Change the colors in which an image is displayed, although colors are not stored in .xbm files. Background and foreground color selection is provided in order to experiment with colors for your application.
The editor can display very large .xbm files in their actual size but the maximum bitmap size that can be edited is 2500 pixels. This limit is arbitrary and can easily be changed, but bitmap edit grid loading and, in particular, garbage collection become quite slow if the limit is a lot more than 2500 pixels. The gridMax constant sets max size.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simple-xbm-image-editor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.